Pages

Tuesday, April 9, 2019

Quarter 1 finish

I was only able to complete one project this quarter. (We won't mention all of the new projects I started... LOL)  I am also almost finished with my cross stitch "Miss December" so she should be finished definitely for quarter 2. 

For this quarter, I finished my "Long time Gone" quilt.  I started this quilt a couple years ago when Gnome's Needle held a sew along. At the time, we had a sick kitty and I was going through a rough patch. If it hadn't been for the weekly deadlines, I wouldn't have done any sewing that year.

This quilt represents many first for me. I finally figured out paper pieceing. It is the first quilt I had quilted on a long arm. Thanks to @cottonberryquilts and all of her time and support as I learned about making the backing, picking out patterns, etc.  It is also my first handsewn binding. During the making of this quilt, we also had to say goodbye to that sweet kitty, my boy and faithful helper. So, I am glad to have it finished in his memory. 

I finished it in February, but just finally got some pictures taken this weekend. Here she is finished:


Here are a couple close ups of some of my favorite blocks:



I love this block with all of the aquas so much, that I am thinking of making an entire quilt with that block and all of the leftover aquas from this project.  I had such a feeling of accomplishment when I finished this quilt that I really want to finsih up some of the other wips now too!  So, hopefully this next quarter will be much more successful!  I just want to get to that point where I don't have to look up each step-- how to make a backing, how to make a binding, how to attach the binding, etc!  I do love challenges and deadlines, so thanks to the  Finish Along 2019 for giving me the push I need!  Here is a link to my initial list from quarter one 2019 Wip list

1 comment:

  1. This is absolutely stunning! What a finish!! Congratulations on the finish on behalf of the 2019 FAL team!!

    ReplyDelete